What is the staffing at each villa?
- The villas have a butler, executive chef, housekeeping and laundry staff, beach, and ground men as well as 24 hour security.
Do the staff live on property?
- All villas have at least two staff that live on the property.
Is there security at the villas?
- All villas have 24 hour security
Are the meals included and if not can they be? Is alcohol included?
- Rates include the villa, staff and all amenities and activities on the property. Food and beverages are not included.
- An all inclusive package for Sundown, Lime Acre and Rio Chico is available which would include all food, house wines, local beer and main spirits. The all inclusive food and beverage package is an additional $180.00 per adult per day and $90.00 per child per day.
- If the all inclusive package is not purchased our guests can purchase their food and beverage throughout their stay and pay with cash or credit card at the end of their stay. The chef can make all the necessary purchases as to not inconvenience the guest.
- It is recommended that guests notify their banks before travel that they will be vacationing in Jamaica to allow oversees credit card or ATM transactions.
What are the hours of the staff?
- The Butler is on duty every day from before breakfast until well after dinner and guests have gone to bed. The remainder of the house staff works from breakfast until after dinner every day. Beach and grounds men are available from early morning until dark each day.
Can clients take food items to the island? Would there be a cost (duty)?
- Food can be brought to the island in small amounts without duty. A medical letter is advisable. Dry goods, gluten free flour, etc should be acceptable. No meat, fruit or dairy is allowed without a letter ahead of time from the Jamaican Agriculture Department. Large fines are issued for any meat, fruit or dairy found in luggage or hand carried.
Are specialized food products available for those guests with food allergies?
- Jamaica does not have the range of specialized items that are available overseas. It can be very difficult to get certain brands of imported food and beverages let alone specialized items like gluten free products.
- Guests with particular needs are encouraged to bring the essential items with them along with a letter from their doctor outlining the need to carry them.
- It is best to provide the villa staff with any food allergies before arrival so the necessary preparations can be made before arrival.
Are nanny's available? What is the cost?
- Nanny's are available but must be booked in advance. The rate is US $12 per hour and can be paid in US cash or local currency. The price would increase if there are more than three children in their care.
Are spa treatments included or services available?
- Spa services are available at the villa by the trained therapists from the Red Lane Spa at Sandals or Beaches Resorts. All treatments come at an additional cost. Guests can attend the Red Lane Spa if they prefer (transfers are not included).
Do clients have free access to the Sandals and Beaches Resorts or the Golf Course
(for Sundown, Lime Acre and Rio Chico)?
- If guests would like to attend the hotel, that can be arranged by purchasing a day pass or a night pass.
(Transfers not included.)
- One complimentary round of golf is included however transfers to and from the course are not included. There is also a mandatory caddy fee of US $17 for one player to play eighteen holes or US $25 for two people to play eighteen holes. If the guests would like to hire a cart, it is an additional US $40. Golf clubs and shoes are also available for rent.
How are the airport transfers handled for villa guests?
- Roundtrip transfers are prepaid by the guests. After clearing Jamaican Customs, guests are invited to assemble at our Sandals Welcome Lounge in the Montego Bay Arrivals Hall. The staff on hand will then advise the assigned driver to meet them at the lounge and escort them to their waiting vehicle.
- Rio Chico Villa is a 1.5 hour drive from the airport, eastward, along the straight, north coast highway.
- Sundown Villa is a 1 hour drive from the airport, eastward, along the straight, north coast highway.
- Lime Acre Villa is a 1.5 hour drive south over the mountain to the south coast.
Would you recommend renting a car or hiring a driver?
- We drive on the left in Jamaica so many prefer to leave the driving up to those who are comfortable with the roads and surrounding areas.
- A driver can be arranged at an additional cost.
Are there phones and internet available at the villas?
- There are phones at the villa however there is no international line out. International calls can be received but cannot be dialed. Many international cell phones work in Jamaica either with Digicel or Lime. SIM cards and pre-paid calling cards are available for purchase at the local stores.
- All villas have wireless internet available as well as access to a printer, copier and fax machine.
What entertainment is provided (TV, DVD/CD Player, etc)?
- All villas have plasma TV's with a combination of satellite and cable throughout the houses.
- All villas come with at least one DVD player along with a DVD library.
- All villas have board games and books.
- All villas have a stereo with music available in the house and patios.
Are any water sports / land sports included?
- All villas have a Hobie Wave sailboat, paddle board, kayaks, snorkel equipment and life jackets for adults and children.
- All villas have a pool and beach as well as children's toys for same.
- Rio Chico has a lighted tennis court, croquet, table tennis, snooker table, pool volleyball, soccer and football equipment.
- Sundown Villa and Lime Acre has table tennis, soccer and footballs.
Are there any limits to our use of the boat?
- Yes, Operating or using a boat provided by Fowl Cay Resort is at the driver of the boat and guests own risk. The driver of the boat also acknowledges that participating in all activities related to the rental, operation, or use of the boat that he/she assumes all risk of injury, illness, damage or loss that might result. Boat use is only permitted after the driver has undergone the boat orientation process. The Manager can at any point deny use of the boat if he reasonably feels that the driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol or if the rules or guidelines provided during the boat orientation are not followed and in the case of expected or adverse weather conditions.
Where is the closest town?
- Rio Chico is a ten minute drive from Ocho Rios.
- Sundown is a fifteen minute drive from Runaway Bay and thirty minutes from Ocho Rios.
- Lime Acre is a five minute drive from Whitehouse and an hour from Negril.
Is tipping allowed? What is the recommended amount?
- Tipping is certainly allowed and is much appreciated by the staff as it is not included in the villa rate.
- The recommended rate is a suggested rate given by the Tourist Board and is 15% of the cost of the villa rental in low season and 10% of the cost of the villa rental in high season.
What are the highlights of each villa?
- Our villas stand out from the other villas in Jamaica by the level of service we offer. Your butler, chef, housekeepers and outdoor staff will go above and beyond the norm to ensure your stay far exceeds your expectations in every way. Please fill out our guest comment book in each villa before you depart to highlight your villa experience.